Answer these questions for me…
- What search engine do you use?
- What search engine has 67% of the market share?
- What online file-sharing platform does your business use?
- What email platform does your business use?
- How important is search engine optimisation to your company?
I’m assuming your answers look something like this:
- Google – Yep, a whopping 67% (Southern, 2013).
- Google Docs
- Google Gmail
- Extremely important, how else will we be found within this dominating online world?
Ta Da! If your answers were matched at least twice, I hope you’re a beginning to realise the importance of your business being on Google+.
Alison Zeringue, social media and marketing guru explains that, “Investing even a little bit of time and energy into your business page on Google+ can mean improved local search visibility, especially for a small to medium-sized business. With search engine algorithms constantly evolving and becoming more intertwined with social media, the lines denoting where SEO stops and social begins are becoming blurrier by the day” (2014).
Google determines your search engine optimization… if you are constantly creating new content and are additionally using Google+ as a channel to post this content it is undeniable that your SEO result will increase, providing many benefits and opportunities for your business.
ReferencesZeringue, A. (2014). Beyond Social: The Benefits To Google+ For Business. Marketing Land. http://marketingland.com/beyond-social-benefits-google-business-73460 Southern, M. (2013). Google’s Search Market Share Back Up To 67% Search Engine Journal. http://www.searchenginejournal.com/googles-search-market-share-back-up-to-67-bing-up-2-from-last-year/67568/